Thursday 29 December 2016

How to make your room look cozy and cute for the holidays

I love to make my room cozy fro me to hang out in. Down below are some cool ideas that I like to use that to make my room more welcoming. I hope you enjoy them!


 Snowflake Fairy Lights

Snowflake LED 20-Light Outdoor Strand – Cool White, 10’You can find fairy lights at your local indigo (chapters) or even your local dollar store. They are a cute way to light up your room this holiday season. A great way to use these are by hanging them up in your room I like to hang them up over my bed or under my window.

Indigo: $7.50

Decorative Pillows

You can find cute pillows at almost any home and furniture store like Ikea, Simons, or even Indigo.
Decorative pillows are an easy way to make a simple room into a more personalized space. I like to throw a bunch of these pillows on my bed. For a more cheaper option you can buy the pillow cover and just buy a pillow at Walmart or target for $3 and put them inside the pillows.

Expressions Be Bold Pillow Cover – 12” x 21”Indigo:  pillow cover, $19, pillow, $14
Ikea: rage from $20-$80

DIY Scented Candles

These diy candles are super easy and smell AMAZING! They are so much cheaper than buying scented candles from bath and body works and also gives you something fun to do during the holidays.

What you will need:
Shaved bees wax,
essential oil of your choice,
a candle tin,
Image result for homeade scented candles
a candle wick,


step1: take your candle tin and fill it up with bees wax
step 2: put the the tin into the microwave for about 45 seconds
step 3: take your essential oils my favourite is peppermint, and you can even use peppermint extract, pour it into your tin, this depends on how big your tin is but I usually put about 1 teaspoon
step 4: put the wick in and let it sit until it hardens
step 5: when its hardened it is ready to be used

I hope you enjoyed this blog and found these ideas helpful!










No comments:

Post a Comment